“Welcome to Glenoaks Laser Center”
We are committed to providing our clients with the highest level of service, delivering the results they expect, by utilizing the most advanced technology available in Glendale, CA.
The elegance of a smooth body is easily achieved at Glenoaks Laser Center. More About Glenoaks Laser Center
TATTOO FUN FACTS
- As of 2006 36% of people from the age of 18 to 29 had at least one tattoo.
- The word tattoo is one of the most misspelled words in the English language. It is mistakenly spelled tatoo, or tatto.
- Tahitians believed that the process of tattooing the body served to contain its sacred power.
- Tattoo machines have been around since the late 19th century, and surprisingly, they haven’t changed much in 100 years.
- Actress Halle Berry has a tattoo of a sunflower on her rear end covering up the name of her ex, baseball player David Justice.
- Ancient Egyptians used tattoos to differentiate between slaves and peasants.
- 4% of consumers spend over $1000 on a tattoo.
- The US Navy prohibited tattoos of naked women during World War II, so many future sailors had to get their tattoos reworked to include cloths.
- 35% of all NBA players have tattoos. Michael Jordan has none and teammate Dennis Rodman has at least 22.
- Women are more than twice as likely to have a tattoo removed as men.
- 52% of those in prison are tattooed.
- Almost all U.S. corporations have some form of restrictions or policy regarding tattoos on the job.
- A tattoo of an anchor on a sailor indicates they have sailed across the Atlantic.
SKIN FUN FACTS
- Your skin is considered the largest organ in the human body.
- Your skin protects your inside organs while keeping infections out and prevents you from getting sick.
- Your skin loses about 30,000 to 40,000 dead skin cells from the surface almost every minute, even though you do not see it happening.
- Your skin sheds a layer of the dead cells every 24 hours and renews itself about every 28 days.
- Your skin swells when it absorbs water.
- An average adult’s skin spans 21 square feet, weighs nine pounds,and contains more than 11 miles of blood vessels.
- Globally, dead skin accounts for about a billion tons of dust in the atmosphere. Your skin sheds 50,000 cells every minute.
- White skin appeared just 20,000 to 50,000 years ago, as dark-skinned humans migrated to colder climates and lost much of their melanin pigment.