Our med spa in Glendale would like to share a series of articles containing important information and news that are beneficial for your health and beauty. We will be sharing articles regarding beauty treatments, laser use in skin treatments, such as hair removal, tattoo removal and more!
How To Care For Your Skin The skin is one of the
largest organs in the body. It is very important that we take care of our skin in order to exude a young healthy appearance. There are several simple steps that you can take to care for your skin. Follow these steps and you too can have beautiful skin that will be the envy of everyone.
Avoid excessive exposure to the sun
- Don’t spend too much time in the sun between 10 am & 2 pm This is the time that the sun rays are the strongest.
- Don’t forget to wear sunscreen even if you are in the winter Sun rays can damage skin as they reflect off snow. Apply sunscreen with a broad spectrum at least 30 minutes before going outside. Don’t forget to reapply a generous amount every two hours when sweating or after getting into water. We recomend the Anti-Photoaging Sunscreen SPF 45 or Oil Free Moisturizing Suncreen SPF 30 available at our Glenoaks Laser Center in Glendale, CA.
- Always wear protective clothing You can wear tightly woven long-sleeved shirts, long pants and hats with a wide brim to protect your face. You can even wear special sun-protective clothing, which is specially designed to block ultraviolet rays while keeping you cool and comfortable.
Too much sun exposure not only can cause wrinkles, freckles, age spots, rough, dry skin but it can also cause a very dangerous and aggressive form of skin cancer. If you have any of these types of skin problems you might be a candidate for our microdermabrasion treatments. Visit our Glenoaks Laser Center in Glendale, CA for this wonderful treatment.
Eat a healthy diet and drink plenty of water
Eating a healthy diet is not only important for your overall health but it will also be reflected on your skin.
Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins. Avoid greasy foods and those that are full of sugar. Research suggests that a diet rich in vitamin C and low in fats and carbohydrates may promote younger looking skin. Also, drinking plenty of water helps to maintain your skin moist and free of toxins.
Treat your skin softly
Sometimes your skin can become dry, red and irritated due to the fact that you wash, scrub or shave so, do it carefully and follow these tips:
- Limit bath time: Water that is too hot and long showers or baths remove oils from your skin. Limit the time you spend and use only warm water not hot.
- Do not use strong soaps: Strong abrasive soaps can strip oil from your skin. Instead, choose mild cleansers.
- Shave carefully: For the closest shave, use a clean, sharp razor. Always, apply shaving cream, gel or lotion before shaving to protect and lubricate your skin. Use warm water to open up the pores and soften the hair. Never shave against the grain. Shave in the direction the hair grows, not against it. Use soft, gentle, smooth strokes when shaving. You can also use a very safe method of hair removal like our Laser Hair Removal System that we offer at Glenoaks Laser Center in Glendale, CA.
- Pat dry: Always after washing, bathing or even shaving, gently pat or blot your skin dry with a towel so that some moisture remains on your skin.
- Moisturize dry skin: Find a moisturizer that is appropriate for your skin type and makes your skin feel and look soft. At our Glenoaks Laser Center in Glendale, CA we offer Laser Skin Rejuvenation treatments, that will help your skin look softer and younger.
Too much stress can also affect your skin in a negative way. Some people may suffer from blemishes or skin conditions that are simply caused by stress.
In order to not only have healthy skin but better overall health too; take the necessary steps to reduce stress. Decrease the amount of things you do and take time for yourself. Practice a sport or hobby that you can enjoy. You will be surprised to see how much younger and healthier your skin will look. You can also pamper yourself with any of our relaxing treatments at our Glenoaks Laser Center in Glendale, CA.
It goes without saying that smoking is unhealthy and addictive. When you smoke your skin will look older and more wrinkled.
Smoking causes the tiny blood vessels in the outermost layers of skin to narrow, which decreases blood flow. This depletes the skin of oxygen and nutrients, such as vitamin A, that are important to skin health. Smoking also damages collagen and elastin — fibers that give your skin its strength and elasticity. Also, the repetitive facial expressions you make when smoking can contribute to wrinkles. For instance, when you squint your eyes to keep out smoke or when you purse your lips when inhaling can cause wrinkles.
If you smoke one of the best ways to protect your skin is to quit. Ask your healthcare professional for tips or treatments to help you stop smoking.
If you would like your skin to look more vibrant and younger try our Photo Rejuvenation Treatment at our Glenoaks Laser Center in Glendale, CA.