Our med spa in Glendale would like to share a series of articles containing important information and news that are beneficial for your health and beauty. We will be sharing articles regarding beauty treatments, laser use in skin treatments, such as hair removal, tattoo removal and more!
Say Good-bye to Acne Scars… You too can Have Clear, Beautiful Skin!!
Managing acne is a painful and embarrassing process, which, depending on its severity, may have consequences that can affect your self-esteem. Certain people suffer from highly severe acne that when cured, leaves the skin with noticeable scars. Moreover, studies have demonstrated that visible acne scars are an evident cause of stress, anxiety and depression.
This is why our dedicated professionals at Glenoaks Laser center med spa in Glendale are committed to providing you with the most efficient acne removal treatment. With our expertise and the most advanced technology approved by the FDA you will see and feel again the fine, smooth skin that you once had!
What is acne and how is it formed?
Acne lesions or pimples form when the skin pores become plugged with oil and dead skin, hosting a great amount of bacteria that develops in those areas. Consequently, these growing bacteria cause the red, puss-filled bumps we call pimples.
There are different types of acne:
- Mild acne: characterized by the usual blackhead and whiteheads most of us get. Moderately severe acne: this manifests with red inflamed pimples and red pimples with a white pus-filled center.
- Severe acne: is the worst and most painful type of acne in which nodules of pus- filled lumps or cysts develop under the skin. This type of acne leaves the more permanent scars.
Types of acne scars:
- Ice-pick Scars: the skin looks as it has been pierced with an ice-pick which produces holes in the skin.
- Boxed Scars: these are wider depressions than ice-picks which give the skin a pitted appearance.
- Rolling Scars: these types of acne scars produce wave-like undulations leaving the skin with a rolling appearance.
- Hypertrophic Scars: these scars look like an upright, firm mass of tissue which develop by an over production of collagen under the skin.
Which scar removal treatments are available?
Glenoaks Laser center has the best cosmetic laser technology in Glendale to provide you with an acne scar removal treatment that will give you clear and smooth skin. Only after treating your active acne we can begin treating your acne scars. There are several treatments available at our med spa and we will help you choose the right one for you depending on how severe your acne scars are.
Photo-Rejuvenation: uses non-ablative laser treatment which is non-destructive and does not remove layers of skin. One of our state-of-the art lasers is the Intense Pulse Light Laser, which can fade away the redness of acne scars and large pores within a few hours providing very clear results. Read More About Photo-Rejuvenation
Microdermabrasion: is the safest and most effective method of skin exfoliation that yields dramatic results in the color and texture of your skin.
Microdermabrasion is a non-surgical method that has been successfully proven to repair and refine the texture of your skin if you have mild or severe acne scars, redness, sun damage and birth marks.
Chemical Peels: we recommend and gently apply chemical peels for patients with acne scars. These contain a chemical solution that when left on the skin for a determined amount of time, dissolves tissue cells and stimulates the growth of new tissue cells while dramatically improving the look and texture of your skin. Read More About Chemical Peels
Acne Scar Creams: we offer many different types of clinically proven skin-health creams that allow you to maintain beautiful, even skin after treatment. Also, acquiring the right SPF sunscreen is essential to avoid sun damage and preserve your rejuvenated, healthy skin.
Recover the healthy skin you once had! Come and visit our highly trained staff of specialized professionals at our Glendale med spa, Glenoaks Laser Center, to determine the right acne scar removal treatment for you!