Our med spa in Glendale would like to share a series of articles containing important information and news that are beneficial for your health and beauty. We will be sharing articles regarding beauty treatments, laser use in skin treatments, such as hair removal, tattoo removal and more!
Vitamin B-12: Are you getting enough of it?
Vitamin B12 has a long history and a solid reputation as an energy booster. This is why it is commonly referred to as the “energy vitamin”. It has the essential nutrients our bodies need in order to work properly and it’s considered the most important of all B-complex vitamins.
Key functions of B12 Vitamin:
- Formation of red blood cells which increases the amount of oxygen intake.
- Metabolizes fatty acids which are important in maintaining the nervous system and the brain.
- Speeds up DNA synthesis during cell division, increasing the level of hemoglobin.
- Helps loose weight as it speeds up metabolism.
- Increases energy as it aids in the break down of carbohydrates into glucose.
- Improves the body’s ability to fight stress.
- Preserves in good health various organs such as the liver, eyes, skin and hair.
Due to the great benefits of vitamin B12, more and more people are now obtaining it on its most efficient form: injections. Our caring and experienced staff at Glenoaks Laser Center in Glendale will establish how much and how often you need this vitamin. Thus, if you are experiencing the common symptoms of low levels of vitamin B12 with just one shot a week you will experience the difference!
People with the following characteristics or symptoms are more at risk of a vitamin B12 deficiency:
- People experiencing shortness of breath, fatigue, lack of energy, sudden weight gain and sleeping disorders.
- Vegetarians (people who don’t eat dairy products or eggs)
- People with stomach malabsorption conditions that cause gastrointestinal disorders.
- People infected with Helicobacter pylori (an organism that lives in the intestines and causes ulcers) because it destroys the stomach cells that make the substance the body needs to absorb B12.
- Elderly individuals because the human ability to absorb B12 decreases with age.
- People with an eating disorder
Vitamin B-12 injections will add major benefits to your life: an increase in energy, a better sleep, you will feel more alert, have a healthier skin, and reduce your stress levels. Take control over your body and your health with a boost to your metabolism.
Improve your health and save money at the same time! At Glenoaks Laser Center in Glendale we have amazing prices, seasonal deals and specials! and with only one injection per week you can experience the benefits!